Sugar Research Institute of Fiji ( SRIF)
Improvement of the Management and Operational Capacities of SRIF
1. Implement Strategic plan (reduce cost of farming & improves yields of cane, improve TC:TS ratio & average cane yields)
2. Enhance Capacity building (increase staff knowledge and research capabilities)
3. Improve infrastructure and enhance sugarcane breeding Programme (Cane deterioration studies)
4. Develop mechanization programmes (conducting research on matters relating to the Sugar Industry)
5. Enhance Technology transfer programmes (weed control, Fertilization, variety spread, seed cane quality and intercropping)
6. Initiate income generating activities
7. Explore and utilize alternative sources of funding
8. Variety improvement through pest and disease management.
See More Project Photos
Location & Partners:
Sugar Research Institute of Fiji.
Vakabuli Rd, Drasa, Lautoka,
Phone: (679) 776-1839 Fax. (679) 666-1082